Monday, June 15, 2009

May 27, 2009


Today was company visit overload!


We started with a visit to CITIC. I was very disappointed in this visit. My group had researched CITIC so I was originally looking forward to it. The presenter did not have a Powerpoint presentation prepared in Engligh...so he used the Chinese version. He spoke English, but with a very heavy accent. The accent added to the Chinese presentation was very distracting and hard to follow.


My group at CITIC


Lehman Brown did their presention over lunch at The Capital Club. Lunch was western food and was AMAZING. My favorite part of Lehman Brown's presentation was a section on culture. She discussed Chinese zodiacks, etc.

Aimee and I at The Capital Club for lunch.


Lenovo was next and I was impressed! Their presentation was amazing. they have a "mini museum" on site. Lenove was the number one sponsor of the 2008 Olympic games and designed the Olympic torch....see picture below of me holding it!
We had to wear masks! Apparently, swine flu is a really big deal in China!


After our long day of company visits was over, we headed to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. They had a wonderful live band singing American music. I had an amazing bacon cheeseburger and Coke! It felt just like America while we were in Hard Rock. When we left I was almost surprised not to walk out onto 2nd Avenue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

layout

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a southern girl who loves the VOLS. I recently graduated with my MBA and recently started studying for the CPA Exam. I am currently a Senior Accountant at Vanderbilt; although, my dream job is to be a photographer. I am building my photography business while playing in the "real world". This blog will document my life and my growing photography business. Welcome!