Wednesday, June 24, 2009

May 30, 2009

This morning we went to New Hope Foundation and it was AMAZING! It is an orphanage that takes disabled children, gets them the surgeries they need to lead a normal life, and then helps get them adopted. The owners were such an inspiration. They adopted their daughter who needed surgery to remove a tumor. They took her all the way from China to Vanderbilt! After a tour, we had the opportunity to play with some of the children. We had such as great time and it was such a blessing.


After New Hope we went to an art district. I was not impressed. Following the Art District we went to Summer Palace. Summer Palace was pretty but just seemed like more of the same buildings.




After the Summer Palace, the bus dropped James and I off at the silk factory that we visited a few days before. I really wanted to go back and get a silk comforter and pillows and James wanted to purchase some more items as well. When we left the silk factory we decided to walk over to the Bird's Nest and go inside. I am so glad we did!

Luckily we made it just in time to buy a ticket and go inside. It was so neat. There were two huge TV screens showing highlights from the Olympics. You could go anywhere in the lower lever, including walking on the field! We had fun taking pictures and buying tshirts for friends and family.







We took a cab back to the hotel and had Pizza Hut for dinner =)

1 comment:

  1. I just started crying reading about that orphanage! How amazing!

    ReplyDelete

layout

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a southern girl who loves the VOLS. I recently graduated with my MBA and recently started studying for the CPA Exam. I am currently a Senior Accountant at Vanderbilt; although, my dream job is to be a photographer. I am building my photography business while playing in the "real world". This blog will document my life and my growing photography business. Welcome!